Village of Newburg
Meeting of the Community Center Commission
September 11, 2020 at 7:00pm
Community Center, 450 W Main St., Newburg, Wisconsin
OPENING OF MEETING / CALL TO ORDER
Trustee Member (Chair) Lynn Burkard
Trustee Member Sandy Stockhausen
Citizen Member Celina Dills
Citizen Member Debra Wiesen
Citizen Member Jenny Strohmeyer
CORRECTION AND APPROVAL OF PAST MINUTES
Minutes from the August 4, 2020 meeting were taken by a commission member but lost for an unknown reason prior to being recorded with the village clerk, therefore no minutes are available for approval.
BUSINESS FOR CONSIDERATION
- Prepare the CCC insert for the Bridges Newsletter including events, dates, text, and a call for interested volunteers.
- Planning of Halloween activities for 10/31/2020, noting Trick-or-Treating is scheduled from 5:30pm to 7:30pm.
- Consideration of the CCC taking over responsibility from resident volunteers for the Pics with Santa event planned for 11/28/2020.
- Consideration of the CCC taking over responsibility from resident volunteers for the Holiday Meal event planned for 12/5/2020.
- Scarf receipts and thank you cards.
- Follow up on requested sink estimates to be addressed as soon as possible.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, AND FUTURE AGENDA ITEM REQUESTS
Future items for consideration based on mentions in past meeting notes and minutes:
- Consideration of the CCC taking over responsibility from resident volunteers for the weekly Sheepshead card games.
- Consideration of the CCC taking over responsibility from resident volunteers for the annual Village Rummage.
- Completion of the Mission Statement / Purpose.
- Create an event-related volunteer list.
- Plan a second open craft event.
- Clean up Veterans’ Park.
- Plan a Burger / Brat fry for 2021.
- Create a sign with an uplifting slogan.
- Contact restaurants with limited pick-up or delivery menu that could be available for CC rentals.
- Follow up on all requested estimates.
- Identify key members of the village.
- Additional requests?