Village of Newburg
Meeting of the Village Board of Trustees
May 14, 2020 at 7:00pm
Village Hall, 620 W. Main St. Newburg, Wisconsin
OPENING OF MEETING / CALL TO ORDER
Due to the vacancy in the position of Village President, the Village Clerk will call the meeting to order.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Members of the public who wish to address the Village Board on a topic of public concern are asked to complete a written card to register with the clerk. The chairperson will then call on individuals to address the council from the front table in an orderly fashion for up to three minutes each.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES VACANCIES
The Board of Trustees may appoint a person to vacant position, may call a special election, or may wait until the normally scheduled election for filling vacancies. Members of the public interested in being considered for appointment are encouraged to deliver a written statement of intent to the Village Clerk at least 24 hours before the meeting and to appear at the meeting to speak before the board.
1. Discussion and possible action on filling the vacant position of Village President.
At the time of agenda publication, one resident has filed written interest and request for appointment with the Village Clerk: Mr. Bill Sackett.
2. Discussion and possible action on filling the vacant position(s) of Trustee.
CORRECTION AND APPROVAL OF PAST MINUTES
ACTION ON LICENSE APPLICATIONS
3. License application for Ashley Lauscher to serve fermented malt beverages and intoxicating liquors.
4. Website redesign from Elixir Creative LLC.
FINANCIAL REPORTS, BILLS, AND CLAIMS
5. YTD Financial Reports. YTD Listing of Bills Paid by Vendor and any invoices requiring payment approval. Other claims requiring board notification / action.
BUSINESS FOR CONSIDERATION
6. File 2020-5: A resolution approving modifications to the terms of employment for Nathan Wendelborn.
7. File 2020-6: A resolution approving a contract with Elixir Creative LLC for website hosting services.
8. Discussion: The avoidance of litigation with concern to elected officials directing village staff, roles and responsibilities of elected village officials and staff, and discussion of a performance evaluation for the Administrator/Clerk/Treasurer. Previously laid over.
9. File 2020-4: A preliminary resolution for the levying of special assessments under section 66.0703 Wis. Stats. For the grouting and repair of sewer lateral piping connections. Re-affirming.
10. File 2020-7: A resolution approving a Joint Powers Agreement between the Ozaukee County Sheriff’s Office and the Village of Newburg. Retroactive.
11. File 2020-8: A resolution approving a contract with AT&T for Centrex land-line telephone services. Retroactive.
12. File 2020-9: A resolution approving a Telecom Fitness Review Agreement with Telecom Fitness to document, audit, and analyze voice and data communications lines, circuits, and carrier services.
13. File 2020-10: A resolution/ordinance change establishing new terms for appointed members of public service boards. Offered by Trustee Burkard.
14. Request submitted by business operator Kristin Casper for the Village to:
Lower the renewal of class B liquor license fees.
Waive the renewal for class B beer license fees.
Waive the renewal for operator license fees.
Lower sewer fees to match what apartments pay.
The board may discuss and take action on this request.
To view the live-stream of this meeting from a computer or smartphone, please use Zoom with the below meeting information:
Topic: Special Meeting of the Newburg Board of Trustees
Time: May 14, 2020 7:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84616658385
Meeting ID: 846 1665 8385
ADDITIONAL NOTICES: The governmental body meeting under this notice may take action on items listed in the agenda, including items presented for discussion or for informational purposes. Please note that it is possible members of other governmental bodies may be in attendance during the meeting referenced in this notice. Although their combined presence may constitute a quorum, no official meeting nor action by any governmental body will be taken other than during its scheduled meeting time as set forth in this meeting notice. The Village of Newburg intends to provide equal opportunity for everyone to participate in public meetings. Upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities or special needs through the appropriate aids and services. To request this service, contact the Village Clerk at (262) 675-2160.