Village of Newburg
Meeting of the Village Board of Trustees
March 12, 2020 at 7:00pm
Village Hall, 620 W. Main St. Newburg, Wisconsin
OPENING OF MEETING / CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CORRECTION AND APPROVAL OF PAST MINUTES
Committee of the Whole – February 27, 2020
Members of the public who wish to address the Village Board on a topic of public concern are asked to complete a written card to register with the clerk. The chairperson will then call on individuals to address the council from the front table in an orderly fashion for up to three minutes each.
ACTION ON LICENSE APPLICATIONS
- Reconsideration of license application for Trisha Sizemore to serve fermented malt beverages and intoxicating liquors.
FINANCIAL REPORTS, BILLS, AND CLAIMS
2. YTD Financial Reports.
3. YTD Listing of Bills Paid by Vendor and any invoices requiring payment approval.
4. Other claims requiring board notification / action.
BUSINESS FOR CONSIDERATION
5. File 2020-4: A preliminary resolution for the levying of special assessments under section 66.0703 Wis. Stats. For the grouting and repair of sewer lateral piping connections.
Notice: Once the body enters into closed session, the board does not intend to take action on items 6 or 7 and will adjourn without reconvening into open session.
CLOSED SESSION NOTICE: This body may entertain a motion to adjourn into Closed Session pursuant to Sec. 19.85(1)(e), Wis. Stats., deliberating or negotiating the purchasing of public properties, the investing of public funds, or conducting other specified public business, whenever competitive or bargaining reasons require a closed session.
6. Discussion of marsh land adjacent to the river, exposed after the removal of the dam, and potential future transfer of ownership.
CLOSED SESSION NOTICE: This body may entertain a motion to adjourn into Closed Session pursuant to Sec. 19.85(1)(c), Wis. Stats., considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility; and Sec. 19.85(1)(f), considering financial, medical, social or personal histories or disciplinary data of specific persons, preliminary consideration of specific personnel problems; and Sec. 19.85(1)(g), conferring with legal counsel for the governmental body who is rendering oral or written advice concerning strategy to be adopted by the body with respect to litigation in which it is or is likely to become involved.
7. The avoidance of litigation with concern to elected officials directing village staff, roles and responsibilities of elected village officials and staff, and discussion of a performance evaluation for the Administrator/Clerk/Treasurer.
ADDITIONAL NOTICES: The governmental body meeting under this notice may take action on items listed in the agenda, including items presented for discussion or for informational purposes. Please note that it is possible members of other governmental bodies may be in attendance during the meeting referenced in this notice. Although their combined presence may constitute a quorum, no official meeting nor action by any governmental body will be taken other than during its scheduled meeting time as set forth in this meeting notice. The Village of Newburg intends to provide equal opportunity for everyone to participate in public meetings. Upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities or special needs through the appropriate aids and services. To request this service, contact the Village Clerk at (262) 675-2160.