Village of Newburg
Meeting of the Village Board of Trustees
February 13, 2020 at 7:00pm
Village Hall, 620 W. Main St. Newburg, Wisconsin
OPENING OF MEETING / CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CORRECTION AND APPROVAL OF PAST MINUTES
Committee of the Whole – January 23, 2020
Members of the public who wish to address the Village Board on a topic of public concern are asked to complete a written card to register with the clerk. The chairperson will then call on individuals to address the council from the front table in an orderly fashion for up to three minutes each.
ACTION ON LICENSE APPLICATIONS
FINANCIAL REPORTS, BILLS, AND CLAIMS
Financial updates from the Administrator/Treasurer
- Consideration of bank account balances, cash flow expectations, and board direction for fund reserves. This item was laid over at the January 23, 2020 COW meeting.
- Consideration of a claim from Midstate Amusement Games, LLC in the amount of $368.65 plus interest due to alleged unlawful taxation.
BUSINESS FOR CONSIDERATION
3. Appointment of Courtney Steger as Sanitary Sewer Superintendent at the rate of pay at the beginning of the pay range corresponding to the position.
4. Stantec – verbal informational report and a written generalized service proposal including a needs assessment and coordination plan for building options at a cost of $3,250.
This item was laid over at the January 23, 2020 COW meeting. A written contract is now available for board consideration.
5. Resolution 2020-2 adopting a revised and renewed “10-year Pavement Improvement Plan” for the Village of Newburg.
This item was laid over at the January 23, 2020 COW meeting.
6. Total Energy Systems, LLC for a planned maintenance agreement spanning 5 years for the purpose of servicing the sanitary sewer generators. This item was laid over at the January 23, 3030 COW meeting.
7. Consideration of a request from the Newburg Fire Department to be allowed to build a pump house nearer to the property line between NFD and village owned property than ordinances typically allow; recognition that the property is “un-zoned.”
8. Resolution authorizing the Clerk to register voters on voting day at the polling place. This authorization is required under state law if such is to be allowed.
ADDITIONAL NOTICES: The governmental body meeting under this notice may take action on items listed in the agenda, including items presented for discussion or for informational purposes. Please note that it is possible members of other governmental bodies may be in attendance during the meeting referenced in this notice. Although their combined presence may constitute a quorum, no official meeting nor action by any governmental body will be taken other than during its scheduled meeting time as set forth in this meeting notice. The Village of Newburg intends to provide equal opportunity for everyone to participate in public meetings. Upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities or special needs through the appropriate aids and services. To request this service, contact the Village Clerk at (262) 675-2160.